Famous for having its international airport right next to the beach, the planes get so close to the sand.
Due to the unique proximity of low flying airliners, the location is very popular with plane spotters. This is one of the few places in the world where aircraft can be viewed in their flight path just outside the end of the runway. Watching airlines pass over the beach is such a popular activity that daily arrivals and departures is displayed on a board on the beach.
Maho Beach is unusually close to the threshold of a runway, and is directly under the flight path, resulting in aircraft on their final approach flying over the beach at altitudes of less than 100 feet above ground level.
This tour gives you the option to either relax on the beach soaking in the beautiful rays of the sun or swim in the fresh water pool while enjoying some local music. However, if these activities seem too routine for you, you may want to indulge in some of the more popular events at the Beach such as windsurfing and skim boarding occasional high waves will certainly give you the extra adrenalin shot needed to show off your skim boarding skills to envious friends and family. Be prepared to swallow a little extra salt water from the sea, the locals claim.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Cruise Information Center|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Ships that arrive at the port between 6-8:30am departs at 10am.
Ships that arrive from 9am onwards, tours leaves one hour after.
|RETURN TIME||Prior to ship departure|
|WEAR||Comfortable clothing, sandals, hat, bathing suite and sunscreen.|
|CHILDREN||Children 0-10 years of age pay half price, children 10 and older pay full price. Parents with car-seats pay full prices.|
10:00 AM - pick up at the cruise pier
Maho beach / Sunset Beach Bar
Guarantee return to pick up location on time
- Local guide Beverages (water, soda, guavaberry rum punch) while intransit
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach or van
- Worry-free shore excursion guarantee
- Gratuities (optional)
- Beverages at lunch
- Chairs and umbrellas are available for rental at the beach.* (additional charge)
- Sunset Beach Bar has a full food and beverage menu available including the delicious Sunset burgers.* (additional charge)
- Note: We know everyone loves to see a jumbo 747, please note aircraft size and schedules vary day to day due to the airline schedules.
- All tours depart from the Cruise Information Center. If you have a different pickup location please let us know. We will pick you up at the location that you provide to us.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Note: this tour is for cruise ship passengers only It is recommended that you bring a swimsuit, towel and sunscreen
- Minimum age to consume alcohol is 18 years
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Note: tour departure time is based on local island time, not cruise ship time
IMPORTANT: You are required to go on the tour assigned to your ship based on its arrival time. You CANNOT reserve a tour that departs at a later time than the one assigned to you. If you enter information incorrectly or show for a later tour this will result in a missed tour and cancellation and a refund will not be issued. Please ensure you enter the arrival time FOR YOUR SHIP and not the time you would like to be picked up if you are reserving a group tour.
Upon return to Philipsburg, transfer back to the ship will be provided free of charge, or you may choose to remain in Philipsburg to shop or sightsee at your own leisure. Walking back to the ship takes between 12 and 15 minutes, or a taxi may take you for approximately $3. Guaranteed returned on time for boarding of ship or back to hotel
*NOTE: Itinerary subject to change. Weather and traffic on the island are constantly changing, and sometimes, this requires itinerary changes.